POLYSTYRENE FILM Capacitors - Features and Specifications:
- Constructed of premium quality Polystyrene Film (PSA) dielectric aluminum foil electrode.
- Long axial leaded tinned Copper leads (ideal for hand wired circuits).
- High precision of capacitance.
- Low dissipation factor and ESR.
- High insulation resistance.
- High stability of capacitance and DF vs temperature and frequency.
- Operating Temperature: -40C to +85C.
- Dissipation Factor: 0.1% Maximum at 1 KHz, 25C.
- Tolerance: +/-10% or 5% or Precision 1% (depending on pF size)
- Insulation Resistance: >/= 100000 ohms at 25C
- Rated Voltage: 630 Volts DC.
- Testing Voltage: WVDC x 175% for 1-5sec.
- Solderability: 230C +/-5C 3sec.
- RoHS certified.
- Available in all sizes 10pF thru 10000pF, namely: 10pF, 12pF, 15pF, 18pF, 20pF, 22pF, 25pF, 27pF, 30pF, 33pF, 47pF, 50pF, 68pF, 82pF, 100pF, 110pF, 150pF, 200pF, 220pF, 240pF, 250pF, 270pF, 300pF, 330pF, 350pF, 360pF, 390pF, 400pF, 430pF, 470pF, 500pF, 560pF, 620pF, 680pF, 750pF, 820pF, 910pF, 1000pF, 1200pF, 1500pF, 1600pF, 1800pF, 2000pF,
2200pF, 2400pF, 2500pF, 2700 pF,3000pF, 3300pF, 3600pF, 3900pF, 4700pF, 5000pF, 5100pF, 5600pF, 6000pF, 6200pF, 6800pF, 7000pF, 7500pF, 8000pF, 8200pF, 9000pF, 9100pF, and 10000pF. For conversion purposes please note that 1000 pF = 0.001 uF. Capacitor uF-nF-pF Conversion Chart
- Sourced from
OEM supplier with major customers: Sony, National, Canon, APC, LG, LEO, Bosch, B&D, Askey and HP.
- Ideal for use in tuner & equalization circuits; commercial, industrial & measuring instruments; critical analog circuits; filters, tuned, integrators & sample-and-hold circuits; IF transformers; pulse networks; analogue & digital computing circuits and critical timing circuits such as VCO (voltage-controlled oscillators) and VCF (voltage-controlled filters).
Other High Voltage Capacitors for Tube Radios:
Metalized Polypropylene Capacitors- 630V Axial Tubulars
Metallized Polyester Film Capacitors - 630V Axial Tubulars
Metal-Foil Polypropylene Capacitors - 630V Orange Dips
Metallized Polyester Film Capacitors - 630V Orange Dips
Metallized Polypropylene Capacitors- 1600V Orange Dips
Silver MICA Capacitors- 500 Volts
Mylar Film Capacitors - 630 Volt
Ceramic Disc Capacitors - 1600 Volt
High Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors- Radials
High Voltage Electrolytic Capacitors- Axials
Non-Polar (Bi-Polar) Electrolytic Capacitors - Axial Leads
X1/Y2 Disc Safety Capacitors - 250VAC
Y2 Film Safety / Interference Suppression Capacitors - 250VAC
X2 Film Safety / Interference Suppression Capacitors - 275VAC
Schematics and Service data for Vintage Tube Electronics
About Polystyrene Capacitors
Polystyrene capacitors have been long time favorite capacitor of audiophiles and high-end audio manufactures such as Telefunken, Blaupunkt, etc. Polypropylene Film capacitors are often referred to as the Holy Grail of Film Capacitors due to their most desirable electrical characteristics such as exceptionally high insulation, low leakage, low dielectric absorption, low distortion and excellent temperature stability. In most instances polystyrene capacitors can be used as a direct substitute for silver mica and/or ceramic disc capacitors. With their excellent electrical characteristics, Polystyrene (often referred to as Styroflex or Styro in Europe) film capacitors are ideal for use in: tuner & equalization circuits; commercial, industrial & measuring instruments; critical analog circuits; filters, tuned, integrators & sample-and-hold circuits; IF transformers; pulse networks; analogue & digital computing circuits and critical timing circuits such as VCO (voltage-controlled oscillators) and VCF (voltage-controlled filters).