Auricap Capacitors for more than Just RadiosAudience Auricap and Auricap XO Specifications
CONSTRUCTION: Auricap metalized polypropylene capacitors are available
only in extended foil
Polyester tape wrap
with epoxy end fills gives the best possible volume density for this
LEADS: Auricap leads are of polished, stranded High
Purity Oxygen Free Copper with XLPE insulation.
Auricap XO leads use stranded OHNO (mono crystal) leads with XLPE insulation.
Auricap-R (R version) use non-insulated solid tinned copper leads.
RANGE: May be
operated at rated DC voltage from -55°C to
+85°C or to +105°C at
voltages indicated by the derating curve on the applications page.
ELECTRICAL [NON-DESTRUCTIVE] TESTS:
1. Capacitance shall be measured at or referred to 1000Hz +20Hz
at 25°C +5°C for capacitance values up
and including 1.0MF Capacitance values greater than 1.0MF shall be measured at 60Hz +6Hz.
Ref: MIL-STD-202E, Method 305.
2. Dissipation factor shall be measured as described for
capacitance and shall not exceed 0.2%. Typical values,
throughout temperature range, any given on curves on the Auricap Application page.
3. Insulation resistance shall be measured at rated voltage
or 500VDC whichever less. After 2 minutes
electrification, minimum values shall be 200,000 meg/MF, need not exceed 400,000 megohms
Ref: MIL-STD-202E, Method 302.
4. Dielectric Strength: Capacitors shall withstand specified
DC test potential for 60 seconds through a limiting
resistance of 1 ohm/volt.
Terminal to terminal- 150% of DC rating.
Terminal to case- 200% of DC rating.
Ref: MIL-STD-202E, Method 301.
5. Dielectric Absorption: Dielectric absorption shall not
exceed 0.1% when tested to MIL-C-19978D.
Ref: MIL-C-19978D. Paragraph 3.22.
6. Tolerance: 10% (unless otherwise noted)
1. Vibration: Capacitors will meet or exceed the requirements of MIL-STD-202E, Method 204C.
2 Moisture Resistance: Capacitors
will meet of exceed the requirements of MIL-STD-202E, Method 103B,
Condition B, with 500V or rate voltage applied, whichever is less.
3. Life Test: Will withstand 140% of rated DC voltage for
250 hours at 105°C, No more than 1 failure in 12 units
permitted when tested..
4. Lead Pull Test: The leads on these capacitors shall withstand
a steady axially applied pull of 5lbs. For one
To JustRadios Capacitor Home Page